Saturday 9 April 2011

Tutorial with Derek and Peter...

After talking to Derek a few days before we decided it was a good idea for us to have another meeting before easter half term where Peter was present to include his opinion in my current work and what route to take.

After looking through my sketch book and telling Peter the ideas and research me and Derek had came up with he said this was a good route to take but I wouldn't have much time to do the screen printing so I was to stick with my collage and painting experiments for the moment but get myself prepared to spend a couple of days in the studio when I came back after easter.

He also said that going down the symbolism route was a great idea and that I could tell stories through their outfits or even make images of personalised outfits to express the person wearing them. I thought this was a good idea and he gave me a book to get influence from over easter. This book was all about western wear and how they wore outfits and had these outfits personally made to express their interests and life experiences.

After these meetings it was a great weight of my shoulders as i now know more of where im going with my work and what to work towards. Peter told me to stop working in my sketch book and gave me A3 and A2 paper to work with so that i could produce larger, more detailed and different processes into my work and work towards producing final images for the degree show.

No comments:

Post a Comment